Writing coaches will understand the writer’s personal vision and ask the following questions:
- What is it that the writer wants to convey with his or her writing?
- Is there a story at all in the book?
- What genre would the novel best fit into?
- How does the writing process work for the writer?
- What is the final product going to look like?
- Who is the intended audience for the book?
- Who are the other authors who write similar themes or in a similar writing style?
- What sort of timeframe does the writer have in mind? Is it realistic?
- Is the work too ambitious? Sometimes writers have grandiose ideas but their language skills don’t keep up with the ideas. The coach could help break up the work into manageable chunks of writing with a clearly envisioned end result.
Facebook Comments Box